VapoRub is most often used to unblock noses when a cold makes breathing difficult. You may be surprised to know it has quite a few other uses.
- Apply a generous blob to aching muscles and rub in. The relief is almost instant. (Thank you guy at the gym who told me this – I love you)
- Apply to nails affected by a fungal infection. Your nail will darken but that will grow out. Apply daily for two weeks and you will be fungus free.
- Cats really dislike VapoRub and will stay away from it, smear over anything kitty likes to scratch.
- Still on animals when house training puppies and kittens accidents happen, often in the same place because the animal can smell its own scent. Smear VapoRub over a piece of paper and position in their favourite spot and it masks that scent.
- The menthol in the VapoRub can help relieve headaches, rub a small amount on your temples and relax for ten minutes and the pain should ease.
- A small amount spread over a splinter, or where the splinter was will help prevent infection.
- Smearing VapoRub under a horses nose prevents it from being distracted by scents and smells around them
- Mosquitoes and cats have something in common, they hate the smell of VapoRub. A dab on your wrists will discourage mosquitoes. Putting a blob into a tea light powered oil burner will waft the vapour around and will help keep your BBQ mosquito free.
- Vaporub dries up spots ingredients camphor and eucalyptus oil that will dry a breakout overnight. Simply put a little dab of VapoRub directly on acne and pimple
- Helps heal cracked heels. Spread on, massage in and put on a pair of socks to sleep in. Repeat until your heels are smooth and soft. treating once a week will maintain your sandal ready skin.
- A small amount spread over a MINOR burn will ease the pain.
It may not be the most alluring smell in the world but it’s worth keeping a couple of those little blue pots in the house even if you don’t have a cold.
There are many articles that you main find helpful, for convenience I’ve put links to them here.
- 39 uses for everyday items
- 10 diseases that will increase after a collapse
- 21 non-cosmetic uses for petroleum jelly
- A dozen unconventional uses for tires
- How moisturiser can save your life and 12 other useful facts
- 28 alternative uses for mylar blankets
- 29 medical uses for everyday items
- 14 simple ways to get ready for winter
- 35 tips and hacks to help you out of tight spots
- 70 medical tips that work
- 13 tips to keep cool without electricity
- 18 uses for wood ash
- 30 uses for the items in your crap draw
- 32 ways to beef-up your home security
- 7 pieces of medical advice you should ignore
- 15 preparedness reasons to grow bamboo
- 16 uses for candle wax
- 11 surprising uses for VapoRub
- 5 alternative uses for plastic bottles
- 28 alternative uses for tea
- Things to do before winter arrives